There are four main types of screed.
- Traditional sand cement semi dry
- Light weight screeds (several types and many suppliers)
- Concrete screed laid as a wet mix
- Concrete screeds with additives
Concrete screeds are difficult to lay in rooms. Reinco has worked closely with leading contractors and innovative subcontractors to achieve very satisfactory laying systems. Using wet concrete is now a realistic option.
The best screed for your project will depend on:
- Heat delivery system – radiators or underfloor heating
- Degree of insulation
- Degree of airtightness
- Family lifestyle
- Primary heat source
The best solution is often not the most expensive. Reinco has now had a wide experience of all screed types.